Helping Hand IT
Job Description – Technical Support/Help Desk
Helping Hand PC is a leading provider of IT services to the small business enterprise segment. The Technical Support role at Helping Hand PC means you are on the front lines supporting clients undergoing new/upgrade installation or experiencing technical difficulties with current technology. Examples of customer support issues can range from forgotten passwords to virus removal and network issue troubleshooting. Support activity may be completed from your desk using web-based technologies to talk client through resolution process on the phone or 'fix' directly on their PC via the internet. Support situations may also require on-site visit and resolution. Additional samples of work activity may include but is not limited to:
- Working with customers/employees to identify computer problems and advising on the solution
- Logging and keeping records of customer/employee queries
- Analysis of call logs to identify common trends and underlying problems
- Updating self-help documents so customers/employees can try to fix problems themselves
- Visit customer site if the problem is more serious
- Testing and fixing faulty equipment
- May be called upon to support sales process for technical evaluations and presentations
Job Skill Set:
Work experience with a software/equipment supplier providing after-sales support is preferred in addition to having provided IT maintenance and support in-house or on out-sourced basis. Good communication skills are a must with ability to clearly explain resolution process to support customers.
Additional skills required are:
- An ability to assess each customer/employees IT knowledge levels
- Being good with difficult callers
- An ability to think logically
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills
- Up to date IT and helpdesk skills
- An in-depth understanding of the software and equipment your customers/employees are using
- Good interpersonal and customer care skills
- Good accurate records keeping
- Presentation skills preferred
In an effort to stay connected to you, our respected clients, we have joined Twitter. We will keep you up to date on Technology news, deals and offer tips on how to keep your business running efficiently and safely. Make sure that you follow us as you never know when we might offer a discount on parts or services! And if your business is on Twitter as well, be sure to let us know!
Kane County Chronicle Readers' Choice Awards selected Helping Hand PC as the best computer repair business of 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015 & 2016! This was a huge honor to receive and it truly reminds us just how important our local community appreciates the hard work our staff puts into their work.